[Tfug] AT on Suse 10.1

Brian Murphy murphy+tfug at email.arizona.edu
Fri Nov 17 12:33:14 MST 2006

Quoting Felix Tilley <fetilley at earthlink.net>:
> To execute "at" on SUSE 10.1, it appears you have to be a member of the
> wheel group.  Being a member of the AT group does not seem to count.
>
> Can anyone using SUSE 10.1 confirm this?

I don't think it is based on group, it is based on user.

Per the 'at' man page:

        The superuser may use these commands in any  case.   For  other
users,  permission  to  use  at  is  determined  by the files
/etc/at.allow and /etc/at.deny.

        If the file /etc/at.allow exists, only usernames mentioned  in
it  are allowed to use at.

        If  /etc/at.allow  does not exist, /etc/at.deny is checked, every
userâ name not mentioned in it is then allowed to use at.

        If neither exists, only the superuser is allowed use of at.

        An empty /etc/at.deny means that every user is allowed use  these
  comands, this is the default configuration.

Brian

The opinions or statements expressed herein are my own and should not be
taken as a position, opinion, or endorsement of the University of
Arizona.