[Tfug] AT on Suse 10.1

TR trexx at pobox.com
Fri Nov 17 08:23:45 MST 2006

Felix Tilley wrote:

>To execute "at" on SUSE 10.1, it appears you have to be a member of the
>wheel group.  Being a member of the AT group does not seem to count.
>
>Can anyone using SUSE 10.1 confirm this?

what  does
ls -l `which at `
produce?

My Redhat is
-rwsr-xr-x    1 root     root        41372 Jun 25  2004 /usr/bin/at
and a test system I have access to which is suse
-rwsr-xr-x  1 root trusted 39788 2004-06-30 16:23 /usr/bin/at
The test system does not have atd running so the limit of my test is

~> at now
warning: commands will be executed using /bin/sh
at> ls
at> <EOT>
job 1 at 2006-11-17 06:45
Can't open /var/run/atd.pid to signal atd. No atd running?

What errors are you seeing