[Tfug] Looking for programmers

Glen Pfeiffer glen_ap at yahoo.com
Tue May 30 14:16:56 MST 2006

Hi All,

First let me introduce myself. My name is Glen Pfeiffer. I have been
living in Tucson for a year now. I am a transplant from Virginia, about
15 miles outside of Washington, DC. I have been lurking on the list for
almost a year now, and have rarely posted anything. I keep meaning to
make it to one of the Thursday meetings, but always get distracted by
something.

I am a software developer, mostly focused on web applications for
clients in the DC area. My employer, Heuristic Solutions LLC, is
currently looking to hire a programmer. Here is our website
http://www.heuristics.net/. We are currently working on a *major*
upgrade to the site, but it's not quite live yet.

Although this position is with a Windows shop, I know there are a lot
of smart people on the list, and wanted to see if anyone here is
interested, or knows anyone interested. The job is based in Arlington,
VA. However, I know for a fact that we are willing to hire someone here
in Tucson. I currently work out of my home, and we are considering
opening a satellite office out here.

Here is the job posting:
http://jobsearch.monster.com/getjob.asp?JobID=42222497
(Disclaimer: Salary might be a little lower for Tucson candidates, but
it will definitely be competitive.)

After reading the job posting you may disqualify yourself because you
don't know .NET. To that I say, phooey! If you or someone you know has
solid Object Oriented experience building web applications and
Relational Theory, then *please* contact me, or apply at the link
above. Let us decide if you are qualified. That is, if you are
interested. :-)

Oh, and as far as I know, if there is any travel required, it will be
very little. I fly back east a couple times a year for a big company
meeting (all 10 of us); that's it.

Thanks,
Glen Pfeiffer
http://www.thepfeiffers.net/