[Tfug] ip_tables kernel code no longer possible to build into the kernel?

Robert Hunter hunter at tfug.org
Wed May 24 14:09:11 MST 2006

> that sounds very appealing, once i find out how to compile them (maybe
> make-kpkg can do it).  that answers one of my earlier questions.  if i
> ever do decide to use a stock kernel that is what i will do.

OK, never mind that you use a custom kernel.  The irony here is that
you could have built xfs and fuse as modules for your previous kernel
regardless of whether you are using a custom kernel or not ( as long as
you have the headers available ).

> if the kernel config can randomly change settings like that, then it's
> a crap shoot every time you recompile and you might as well forget
> about using your old .config to set the defaults because it will be
> ignored half the time.

Now it is clear that what is really troubling you is why 'make oldconfig'
did not do what you expected it to.  I don't really now why, but I
wouldn't rule out PEBKAC.  Perhaps you could post your complaint on LKML?
Good luck! ;-)

--
Rob