[Tfug] ip_tables kernel code no longer possible to build into the kernel?

Michael Schultheiss schultmc at cinlug.org
Wed May 24 12:22:17 MST 2006

t takahashi wrote:
> so if john is right then it seemed a reasonable hypothesis that that
> switch was why kernel config didn't default properly.  paul and
> robert, are you both saying that that hypothesis is wrong?

As I understand it, netfilter.org is where the IPTables development has
occured since the 2.4 kernel (maybe even 2.3).  Grepping for NETFILTER
in my /boot/config* files, I see CONFIG_NETFILTER=y in all of my kernels
(2.4.27-2.6.16).  I have CONFIG_IP_NF_IPTABLES=m in each kernel too.
I'm using the stock Debian kernels.