[Tfug] ip_tables kernel code no longer possible to build into the kernel?

t takahashi gambarimasu at gmail.com
Wed May 24 10:11:25 MST 2006

On 5/24/06, Robert Hunter <hunter at tfug.org> wrote:
> > so the reason the defaults were no is that my old .config was
> > referring to iptables, not netfilter?  and therefore did not get
> > inherited?
>
> ipchains was the name in 2.2, so it is unlikely that is the source of your
> distress.

didn't john say it switched from iptables to netfilter?  my last
kernel, 2.6.11, had iptables.

so if it switched, then maybe it forgot about my nice iptables choices
and asked me
netfilter questions instead of defaulting to my iptables choices.

are you saying that's not the reason it refused to default?

> > stock debian kernels do not work for me.
>
> I am curious why you believe this.  If you could use a stock kernel, that
> would spare you distress of configuring your own.  ;-)

some initrd nonsense that wouldn't boot no matter what i did.
besides, i'd want fuse and xfs.

configuring my own used to work because it wouldn't get rid of my
iptables settings.

--
Webmaster: do you believe that people will (a) switch browsers to view
your "best viewed with" page or (b) go to your competitor?