[Tfug] Setting up second drive and adding to existing mount

Shaun Dixon dahtcom at gmail.com
Sat May 20 11:33:52 MST 2006

I have just recently installed OpenBSD on a new computer that will be my new
file server. I was able to figure out how to mount a samba drive and get
samba installed/configured/running on it. I am able to use it
(moving/copying/creating files) from windows/unix/linux without problems.

I have two hard drives installed on the computer. I initialized wd0 (the
first one) with the basic mounts during install. Then I mounted /dev/wd0p as
my /samba directory with the remaining 140gb (both drives are 160gb).

What I could use some direction in (online docs, or suggestions on the
process) is...

1. Initializing wd1 for the full 160gb
2. adding that to the /samba mount, so that "drive" shows as 1 large drive
of (approx) 300gb

- Shaun Dixon