[Tfug] Getting wlan0 to let go?

Tim Ottinger tottinge at gmail.com
Wed May 17 05:37:41 MST 2006

I have my wlan stuff working pretty good in debian linux, but it when I move
from place to place I sometimes can't connect because the interface is
looking for the old lan instead of the new one.  When I'm always moving from
home to work to airport to hotel to client site, it is a real pain.   But
the worst of it is that I don't know how to get it to reset, and I end up
fiddling with iwconfig and doing trial-and-error.

So does anyone know how to get it to let go of old settings, preferably
automatically?

Tim