[Tfug] Debian partition Question

Anthony Hess tonyh at engr.arizona.edu
Mon May 15 09:08:05 MST 2006

Im too late on this but I agree with erring on the side of a few partitions
when its just a personal toy around kind of system.  I'd think you would be
more likely to run into issues with having insufficient space in one of your
partitions than you would with your drive filling up.

My opinion is to go with /, swap, and maybe /var and just have it run a df
every time you log in.  Setting a quota on your user account(s) helps you
keep an eye on available space as well.

Tony