[Tfug] Debian partition Question

Earl J Violet earljviolet at juno.com
Thu May 11 16:51:37 MST 2006

I'm about to attempt to install Debian on a Tatung SPARC Ultra clone I
got at World Care.

I have about 9 GB SCSI drive space. I am attempting to make sense out of
the partitioning, not the actual partitioning, but the sizes of the
partitions. I want to do a more detailed partitioning system than / and
swap. I will use this computer for writing, some light spread sheets,
Internet, e-mail, studying EMACS and python, possibly C. I plan to
install GNOME or KDE. Being as this might be the last port Debian does to
SPARC, I will also be doing some compiling of packages from source I
suspect.

Any suggestions as to partitions and sizes?

Earl

We have traded the wisdom of the ancestors for the superstition of
science.
Nirvana is this world itself, when experienced without desire and fear.