[Tfug] Thinkpad passwords and loading Linux

sitkaa at email.arizona.edu sitkaa at email.arizona.edu
Thu May 4 11:38:37 MST 2006

Thanks y'all. Perhaps I am trying to make a mountain out of an anthill, but I
have had to go through technical stuff before to get things working, so
I think
it is better to hammer things out ahead of time. The last time I loaded
linux on
my computer, and then had to go back to M$ Window$, it took me three weeks to
figure out how to clear the formatting from linux, so Window$ would load. I
ended up using a Linux program, then DOS to to clear all that up.  Of
course, I
wasn't aware of TFUG then.

Mayhap the best way to go about this is to make sure that any passwords
that are
asked upon start-up are available. Is the bios password asked for upon
start-up,
or just when trying to modify the bios?

Thanks again your comments : )
Michael
(by the way, I am definately a technical newbie)