[Tfug] iPod Replacement

johngalt1 johngalt1 at uswest.net
Wed May 3 10:22:46 MST 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bowie J. Poag" <bpoag at comcast.net>
To: "Tucson Free Unix Group" <tfug at tfug.org>
Sent: Tuesday, May 02, 2006 7:25 PM
Subject: Re: [Tfug] iPod Replacement
> I thought about lecturing you about how completely f'ing stupid it is to
> lay out hundreds of dollars for something simply because Cool Company X
> makes something, and totally ignoring the quality or technical merit of
> the thing you're buying.. That a 20 second search on Google will often
> reveal the thing you're looking to buy overpriced, underpowered, cheaply
> made, limited in function, filled with red tape and fine print.
>
> But i'm sure you considered all of those things.
>
> Why you went ahead and bought an iPod anyway is what i'm having a hard
> time understanding.

Technical merit.... AHHH! haaa ha ha ha! very amusing.

<sarcasm>
1. Everyone has an iPod. You won't be popular without one.
2. It's a fashion accessory. You will look out of place without one.
3. What other device has a custom areola to diddle with?
4. Who cares about investing in proprietary AAC content when you can support
the cult of Jobs!
5. Girls (read: people you want to attract) notice you when you wear those
special iPod earphones.
</sarcasm>

<more sarcasm>
your comments are so mean spirited, I'm gonna get a boo boo lip, RSN.
</more sarcasm>

sarcasm is a lost art