[Tfug] Xorg cpu utilization?

Ronald Sutherland rsutherland at epccs.com
Fri Jun 2 12:57:49 MST 2006

That's a powerful system... when I look at the xubuntu web site it
sounds like its aimed at older systems like my P3 533MHz which also has
old video and like. It may be that no one ran this disto setup on your
hardware. I would give the normal ubuntu a try unless you have a reason
to use the light weight xubuntu. Also Xorg is the X server/client system
that has something to do with what you see on the display.

On the plus side I sent this email from work, which I have not been able
to do for a long time. SSH is truly a wonderful thing. Port forwarded 25
and 110 over 443 (one of the two open) to my home Linux box... way cool.