[Tfug] DSL curiosity

bigj at flatwan.net bigj at flatwan.net
Fri Jul 14 17:15:50 MST 2006

Don't think the RTs in the neighborhoods are fed by fiber. I believe they
are all DS1's if I'm not mistaken - copper in, copper out. This is also
why people fed off of RTs can only order the 1.5 meg speed. Nothing
keeping you from ordering two 1.5 meg lines and using Multi Link PPP to
your provider. Granted, the only provider in town doing MPPP is DakotaCom.
So everyone order dual 7 megs DSL lines and start downloading at 14
megs/sec!

Now fiber in the CO, definately.

--
Jon