[Tfug] printer/file server

Claude Rubinson rubinson at u.arizona.edu
Tue Feb 28 20:58:28 MST 2006

On Wed, Mar 01, 2006 at 03:45:57AM +0000, Earl wrote:
> I am still pretty new to linux and am trying to figure out what some
> of the programs are about. I have a computer running Windows that I
> use for sharing a printer and files. I would like to switch to
> linux. I think I should be looking at SAMBA, right?

Earl,

One thing that I'd recommend is picking up a copy of O'Reilly's
"Running Linux."  It provides a particularly nice introduction to
Linux systems and will touch upon many of your questions (as well as
provide pointers to additional resources).

Not trying to discourage you from asking questions here but, rather,
trying to give you additional capacity for helping yourself.

Claude