[Tfug] Mind taking a poll?

Jim Secan jim at nwra.com
Thu Feb 23 09:11:03 MST 2006

At 10:49 PM 2/22/2006 -0700, you wrote:
>How do we define the difference between "internediate" and "advanced"?  I
>mean, do we define "intermediate" to be rolling your own kernel and
>"advanced" to be actually hacking the kernel?  Just interested in the
>distinction...

Not a one-size-fits-all issue, either.  For some parts of Linux I consider
myself to be on the upper end of intermediate, other parts (MANY parts) I
consider myself to be somewhere below totally clueless.  Are we talking
users here, or kernel modders, or gamers, or what?  As a "user" I'm
intermediate, but as a kernel modder I'm sub-neophyte.

Although, like good geeks everywhere, we are probably over-analyzing this.
Jon's reply was probably the most cogent (Melinda "hot"???  Remember, she
brought us "Bob" the Wonder GUI.)

Jim