[Tfug] Battery replacement

Mike Martinet mmrtnt at earthlink.net
Thu Feb 23 08:57:03 MST 2006

Sometimes older machines have a battery that's soldered to the motherboard.  It looks like a large capacitor.

If you're lucky and it's the large flat disc-type (looks like a silver coin, size of a nickel), then by all means, shut the machine off!  That way, when you drop the battery on the motherboard, you won't short anything out and fry the poor thing  :)

MjM