[Tfug] Mind taking a poll?

JD Rogers jdrogers at email.arizona.edu
Thu Feb 23 00:14:27 MST 2006

Yeah, that's a great question... I always think of myself as
intermediate because I know so many people who know so much more than
I do, but it's a fuzzy line. It might be nice to have the options
followed by some characteristic statement.

Rank Beginner - "I just installed, and I'm trying to figure out what
this kernel thing is."
Fairly New - "Linux is keen, but I'm trying to get this package to install.."
Intermediate - "Linux has taken years off my life, I just spent the
whole weekend trying to compile and run mythtv, but lirc is being a
!@#$%."
Advanced - "I maintain code, but I didn't get around to writing that
patch last night because I got sidetracked for 6 hours writing an IRC
bot that farts at people who ask me dumb questions."

I don't know, Brad should probably rewrite those to fit his intended
level of differentiation, but something like that might be useful in
polls like this.
Cheers,
JDR