[Tfug] OOCalc opens OOWriter

Adrian choprboy at dakotacom.net
Mon Feb 13 11:18:29 MST 2006

On Sunday 12 February 2006 20:47, Claude Rubinson wrote:
[snip]
> But it turns out that the OOo developers are craftier
> than that.  I just tried opening a plain text file (with no extension)
> from *within* OOCalc.  It still opens the file in OOWriter.  So if
> this behavior is to be fixed, it seems that it's got to be from within
> the OOo suite.

This "smart than thou" is one one the things that has really pissed me off in
OO and unfortunately there doesn;t seem to be any way of changing the
behavior. I have been fighting with this for many months without finding a
good solution (same with OOCalcs behaviors of changing/reformating data). As
you said, regardless of what app you use to do the open, it will open a
corresponding app based on the file extension and content rather than what
you commanded.

Adrian