[Tfug] New phone/provider...

Claude Rubinson rubinson at u.arizona.edu
Wed Feb 8 16:56:35 MST 2006

On Wed, Feb 08, 2006 at 04:26:38PM -0700, Adrian wrote:
> I'll probably go T-Mobile as there plans seem resonable ($30/mon for
> my current equivelent Sprint plan plus $6 for unlimited data) and
> they will unlock phones/fine with alternative phones. Is there
> something else I should be looking at for a phone/provider
> combination?

I just went through evaluating new phone/plan combinations and large
reviews (see, e.g., Consumer Reports for a report from just a couple
of months ago) consistently rate Verizon first and T-Mobile second in
terms of quality, customer support, etc.  T-Mobile is definitely more
geek friendly.  Cingular (the other GSM provider) consistently is
rated last.

So, if you're looking at GSM, the choice is simple: go with T-Mobile.

Claude