[Tfug] Linux? Debian? Kubuntu?

Harry McGregor micros at osef.org
Thu Feb 2 15:57:05 MST 2006

Hi Richard (And others on the list that might not know this),

On Thu, 2006-02-02 at 15:48 -0700, Richard Rohrdanz wrote:
> Harry,
>
> It sounds like you also teach Linux.

I teach CIS 225, CIS 226, and CIS298-something (this past time it was
Linux Security), as an Adjunct for Pima College West Campus.

This semester I am only teaching the CIS 225, as CIS 226 did not have
enough enrollment to run.

I also work full time for the University of Arizona / U. S. Geological
Survey as a computing manager, and do some private consulting work.

Louis Taber teaches the CIS 137 in a more lecture/hands on approach at
the West campus, and does a very good job of it.  Every once in a while
I end up teaching CIS 137 in summer, but I don't know if I am going to
be doing that again...

>  Do you do it professionally,
> privately, for fun?

Pima adjunct pay?  For fun...

Standard Pima college tuition costs (www.pima.edu).

>  Where do you teach it? Is
> it hands on?

Very hands on.  Several people on the list are previous students of
mine.

			Harry