[Tfug] Linux? Debian? Kubuntu?

t takahashi gambarimasu at gmail.com
Thu Feb 2 15:36:21 MST 2006

On 2/2/06, Richard Rohrdanz <rrohrdanz at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have started experimenting with both Linux (Fedora core 4) and
> Debian. They have given me enormous headaches due to the steep
> learning curve and problematic installations. I am trying to learn

not the answer you were looking for, but:

you'll need to develop your sense for what is unix or linux vs. what
is distribution-specific.  keep at it.  you will be rewarded.

i urge you to learn non-gui admin, because gui admin is not always
portable, reliable, or transparent (i.e. it doesn't always tell you
what it is doing).

gui desktop is another matter.  others can give you the lowdown on
which distros are nicest for that.

--
Webmaster: do you believe that people will (a) switch browsers to view
your "best viewed with" page or (b) go to your competitor?