[Tfug] Inexpensive 1U Server Suggestions

Harry McGregor micros at osef.org
Thu Feb 2 15:34:15 MST 2006

Hi John,

For really cheap, I would look at this server.  Sownside is only 3.5"
hard disk drive, thus no mirroring if using full size drives.  If you
use Laptop drives, you can put in two of them.  Also I would order the
memory with the system, as it needs low profile ram.

http://shopping.hacom.net/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=39&products_id=74

Laptop HD options:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16822146040

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16822146042

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16822148088

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16822146046

Laptop IDE converter (motherboard has one 44pin and one 40pin connector,
only use the adapter board, not the mounting bracket)

http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?invtid=HD-108&cat=HDD

			Harry