[Tfug] Naming scheme

Joe Blais joe.blais at pti-instruments.com
Thu Dec 21 18:39:49 MST 2006

--- besides my being paranoid - is this for homeland security???

If used for gaming and such, I would want to control not only the public
areas, but the public name my pod broadcasts,  Then if it sees a conflict
with a name someone else is broadcasting, my pod would shut up and tell me
there's a conflict - perhaps make a suggestion like John Doe24 - and then I
could tell it to broadcast a new name or just keep it off.  I think people
would use nick names - like old CB Handles - that friends and
acquaintenances would recognize.  In this case the the MAC address or
whatever would be used by others that are scanning, then the initial
communications protocol would be to ask for the Handle that is to be
displayed.

Perhaps have a list of known friends, such that any time Jack and Jill are
in the same area, they have a certain level of access with each other.
Other people in the area see Jack, and perhaps not Jill, and even then have
only limited access to what Jack makes public, and perhaps others only see
him as Mortimer Snerd.

-- whatever...
--
Internal Virus Database is out-of-date.