[Tfug] has anyone set up a cvs repository on a windows server?

Ammon Lauritzen ammon at simud.org
Fri Dec 8 10:17:06 MST 2006

Joe Blais wrote:
> It sounded like I'd need some 3rd party service for winders, and I didn't
> want to go through having that put on our server, so....

You used to.

As of SVN 1.4, the svnserve.exe has native support for being run as a
windows service. Which is just in time, because all of the projects that
were writing service wrappers for the application all kind of
disappeared halfway through the 1.3 line's lifetime ;)

The SVN Book has not been updated to reflect this change.

http://svn.collab.net/repos/svn/trunk/notes/windows-service.txt

Ammon