[Tfug] Boot Failure

Zog zog at chronophobia.org
Thu Dec 7 07:05:20 MST 2006

Zog wrote:
> I know that this is very off topic but I am desperate. I plugged an
> illuminated keyboard into a usb slot on my wife's computer, and now it
> won't boot even after switching the keyboard back. It stalls right after
> the drive lights flash but before the video comes up, there is no beep
> at all. I am at a total loss. If anyone has a suggestion I would
> appreciate hearing it.

I thank you all for your concern and advice. I tried and or checked all
of the things that you suggested that did not require known good
replacements. All of the parts that I have are either incompatible or of
unknown origin and condition. I gave up and took it to a professional. I
will let you all know what happens. Once again I thank you.