[Tfug] synchronizing databases (postgres)

Jeremy C. Reed reed at reedmedia.net
Wed Aug 30 08:28:51 MST 2006

Can anyone point me to some docs or suggest some ideas or tools (like perl
modules or scripts) for synchronizing postgres databases?

I will be migrating data from one server to another but may take several
days. I am researching to see if I can keep the existing server up and
available. And after the migration just turn the user interface off and do
a quicker "sync" of the two databases to complete the migration. (With the
hope that the downtime will be less than a couple hours instead of couple
days.)

Any advice would be appreciated.

Jeremy C. Reed