[Tfug] OT DVD burners

Matt Jacob matt.jacob at gmail.com
Sat Aug 26 12:33:23 MST 2006

Most of the drives coming out these days are at least +/-RW, and some
are DL (dual-layer). You can easily find a drive like that for < $40,
but if quality is important to you (or your friend), I would go with a
Plextor drive, which will set you back $70-100.

In my opinion, it's not worth it to go out of your way to get a DL
drive because the cost of DL media is still pretty high. If the drive
you're looking at happens to have DL capabilities, then go for it, but
the last time I checked, DL discs were ~ $2/ea., and SL discs came out
to ~ $0.30/ea. Your choice, though. ;-)

Matt