[Tfug] Dual cores and hyperthreading

John Sonderegger jsonder at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 19 16:52:13 MST 2006

With Ubuntu, the 686 kernel has smp enabled and the 386
kernel does not.

I'm running a T2300 notebook with the 686 kernel and can
use ksysguard to see the work load on each of the cores.

For somebody with lots of windows open (I've been running 3
instances of pdf readers on a 22 mb pdf file wit lots of
graphics [includes rescaling]) and think the the 686 kernel
is helping me.

John

John Sonderegger   jsonder at yahoo.com
http://members.cox.net/jsonder59