[Tfug] Anyone familiar with the Familiar or Intimate distributions?

George Cohn gwcohn at simplybits.net
Fri Aug 18 17:55:54 MST 2006

Jude Nelson wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> This is my first post on the TFUG mailing list, so allow me to introduce
> myself:  My name is Jude Nelson, and I was once a student of Mr. Louis Taber
> at Pima.  He got me interested in Linux, and once I installed it, I've never
> looked back.

Ahh, another Taber fan!  I've taken two classes from him and see that he
is teaching the Cisco class that I am signed up for this semester!

You really need to take a couple of classes from his friend, Harry
McGregor who is also on this list.

Harry teaches CIS 225, CIS 226, and occasionally CIS 298 which is a
security class, when they let it run.  All three classes are heavily
Debian centric.

I was signed up for the security class this semester but they canceled
it.  ;-(

They embrace Debian and I can say that I have learned a lot from both of
them.

George Cohn