[Tfug] Fvwm2 rc mouse configuration

Adrian choprboy at dakotacom.net
Mon Apr 24 16:00:36 MST 2006

On Monday 24 April 2006 15:28, JD Rogers wrote:
> On 4/24/06, Adrian <choprboy at dakotacom.net> wrote:
> > I have a custom .fvwm2 for a kiosk that starts a bare window manager (no
title
> > bars/menus/etc.) for displaying information windows. The user shouldn;t be
> > able to access functions, only use the active area of the displayed window
> > (if available). I am trying to disable button 2 (and others) so users
can't
> > access secondary app menus, but it isn;t working.
>
> I could be wrong, but this seems like a bad way to limit a user.
> Assuming there are reasons you don't want to go with the already
> available kiosk software available out there, I would go lower than
> fvwm2 to limit keys. Maybe xmodmap, for example (or if you can make
> heads or tails of xkbd).  Then you can test what is coming through
> with xev.

I've tried xmodmap, but unfortunately you can't actually unmap a mouse
binding, all you can do a reorder the bindings, and you can't map multiple
buttons to the same button (that I've been able to find). It just spits out
an error if you try. xkbcomp and setxkbmap are just to ugly for me to wrap my
brain around.

Adrian