[Tfug] Low Cost Linux Friendly dialup?

AJHEIN ajh66 at aztecfreenet.org
Tue Apr 18 19:00:43 MST 2006

	I went through this same thing tried a bunch, and one canceled
credit card later, I use toast.net. BBB logo on the website. Straight up
PPP connection, no dialers. Also some of the ones I tried downloads were
almost impossible, the sustained bandwidth being hamstrung. apt-get just
couldn't get.Toast download is a fast as local isps I have seen and apt-get
works. Caveat tho, limit of 100hrs a month. If that's a problem try
Eskimo.com, slightly more that toast (15$ vs. 10$) but with a web page.
so that's it toast.net or eskimo.com. With the others it was definitely
caveat emptor.

ajh