[Tfug] (Revisited) Cisco Study Materials

Jon bigj at tfug.org
Sun Apr 16 01:11:17 MST 2006

Claude Rubinson said:

> I might actually go the other direction and drop the News, Helpdesk,
> and Links sections entirely.  It seems to me that they're superfluous
> in that they're not directly related to finding out more about TFUG.
> Or do people actually make use of them?  I'd also merge the AUP
> statement into the Listserv page, which should probably be renamed
> something like "List and IRC" (I thought about something like
> "Communication" but expect that people will be looking for a word like
> "List" or "IRC".)  It might also not be a bad idea to move the List
> subscription and IRC channel info to the main page, as long as things
> don't look too crowded.
>
> I think it would be nice to replace the Links page with a list of
> local Tucson events/groups: other User's groups such as Chris'
> graphics design group, the UofA Hacks club, the Perl group that meets
> occasionally, etc.  I think that would be a really nice service.  I'd
> be happy to maintain that list/page, if desired.
>
> Claude

Ok I guess it's time to revisit this since I'm up late and have some free
time. First things first though.

Some people requested a tfug.org address. Anyone wanting one please e-mail
me at bigj at tfug dot org from your listserv subscribed address. I will
be confirming these so don't e-mail from some other address as I will
reply back with a 'DUH' :)

In it needs to be the addy you want. I will reply back with a random
password and instructions on how to access it. Be patient as I am only one
person (when I take my meds) and have a FT job.

Enough with that. Onward.

It appears some people are interested in redesigning the site. Thanks god.
I lack any ability to think creatively let alone imagine what I'll be
doing tomorrow.

I would like to throw in a few of my ideas:

1) I'd like to see a new logo. No ideas other than that.
2) It was suggested the 'helpdesk' go away. I'd like to keep it as it does
give google more things to index on.
3) Move the list archives in to something more searchable. I think Mhonarc
was suggested a long time ago.
4) A link for other local vendors/groups is a great idea. Bravo.

Any other ideas?

Last thing.

Who wanted the Cisco training stuff on the site? E-mail me off the list
and we'll talk now.

--
Jon