TFUG website enhancements (Re: [Tfug] RE: Cisco Study Materials)

Chris Niswander cn.tfug.account at bitboost.com
Sat Apr 8 11:45:27 MST 2006

At 08:25 AM 4/5/2006 -0700, you wrote:
>On Wed, Apr 05, 2006 at 08:19:57AM -0700, Christopher Robbins wrote:
>> And the only way to make this overhaul work is to add Flash.....Lots
>> and lots of Flash.....Flash for links, Flash for documents, Flash
>> for everything.  We all know that Flash makes every website better,
>> so I think we'll need some more Flash...
>
>Flash?!?  Pshaw!  Java applets!

Flash and Java are pretty limiting though.

Didn't Miguel de Icaza just announce an Open Source project
that builds upon Mono to provide cross-platform, cross-browser ActiveX
controls?
If we use MonoX, people who visit the TFUG website could
just click a button on the page and receive a
cross-platform-compatible hard drive defrag free of charge!

I know I for one am looking forward to the native Mac IDE for MonoX
development, Carbon MonoXide!