[Tfug] DSL modem of choice?

Michael Salivar ethyriel at nerdshack.com
Wed Apr 5 18:06:32 MST 2006

The 1524?

I have some issues with my Actiontec GT701, both on wireless and wired I sometimes have to
ping a server before I can connect (mostly ftp and oscar).  That's probably a NAT issue,
though, and as soon as I have a chance I'll look into grabbing more static IP's or start
playing with DMZ.

It's horrid with bittorrent, pretty much bringing down all other traffic on the network.
I imagine the Cisco 827 will be worlds better, or you could get another router and just
use the DSL router as a gateway (or get a plain ol' DSL gateway).  If that's important to
you, the network forum over at Ars recently had a thread on bittorrent friendly routers.