[Tfug] correct Kernel for an older AMD system

erich erich1 at copper.net
Tue Apr 4 08:46:01 MST 2006

Yes,
       I recommend Gentoo. Although it's more complicated to install,
(There's
something called a Stage III tarball, which you'll confront.), the
documentation
is excellent, and you can pick and choose the kernel. Like just about
everything
else, the kernel is bult from source in Gentoo. This gives you the
opportunity
to maximize its efficiency.

Erich