[Tfug] Computers for sale

Steven Bowers steveb7 at bblabs.net
Mon Apr 3 21:43:18 MST 2006

There is a Boy Scout troop in Phoenix that runs a computer swap meet the
3rd Sunday of every month. Its been a while since I've been to one, but
the last time I was there it was HUGE. It encompassed an entire Smith's
(now Fry's) grocery parking lot (the store had been boarded up for quite
some time).

The TCS swap meet is nowhere near as large.

There are always a number of people at the Phoenix swap meet that have
driven from Tucson to buy and sell. Perhaps now is the time for us
Tucsonans to have our own computer swap meet!

TCS could coordinate with World Care to host it at their facility since
it has plenty of space. The two could work together to "get the word
out" around town. The World Care store front would get more exposure and
could possibly sell more of the donated computers that come in.