[Tfug] python/Tkinter

Jim Secan jim at nwra.com
Mon Apr 3 12:55:41 MST 2006

I'm starting to use python to replace csh as "glue" to run suites of
programs written in other languages.  Being able to put together simple GUI
interfaces to these than can run on *nix and 'doze is desirable.  Two
questions on python/Tkinter:  (1) does anyone have strong feelings pro/con
using this as a GUI builder in this context, and (2) do I need to have the
full Tcl/Tk implementation on target systems in order to use this?

I see that jython is an alternative.  I know this needs to have a JVM on
the target machine - other than that and needing to know Java, are there
other downsides to jython RE python/Tkinter?

TIA
Jim