[Tfug] Headset headache

John Gruenenfelder johng at as.arizona.edu
Wed Jul 27 00:06:20 MST 2005

Last week I received the bluetooth adapter and headset I ordered.  Getting the
headset to attach to the PC should have been a simple task, but it has turned
into a mind numbing task.

At this point, I am not even trying to *use* the headset.  I merely want it to
connect to the PC and let me query its abilities.  Instead, I just get
"input/output errors".  The two bluez (Linux Bluetooth) mailing lists haven't
been much help either.

So... I don't know if the headset is broken... I suspect it is okay because I
took it to Bestbuy today and paired it to one of their bluetooth capable
phones.  I couldn't make a call, but it seemed to be okay.

The only suspect left is perhaps the Linksys USBBT100 bluetooth adapter I
bought with the headset.  I've gotten no indication that it is bad, but I'm
running out of ideas.  Unfortunately, I don't have another adapter to test it
on.  Hence, this email.

Does anybody out there have a bluetooth adapter I could test with?  Perhaps we
could meet at the next TFUG meeting, where ever that might be?

Gargh!  So frustrating!  If it would just give me some indication of *why*
it's not working.  It's almost as bad a trying to debug a Windows hardware
problem...

--
--John Gruenenfelder    Research Assistant, Steward Observatory, U of Arizona
                        johng at as.arizona.edu
Try Weasel Reader for PalmOS  --  http://gutenpalm.sf.net
of my enemies!"
        --Sam of Sam & Max