[Tfug] Linux Training

Harry McGregor micros at osef.org
Thu Jul 14 12:28:19 MST 2005

Hi,

On Thu, 2005-07-14 at 11:58 -0700, David Klepper wrote:
> Does anyone know of a Linux trainer in the Tucson
> area. That would like to come to our company and teach
> a small IT Dept. Linux fundamentals and Linux System
> Administration. If not can anyone recommend a good
> training school/camp.

I would recommend a few Pima College classes, but I am little biased (I
teach some of them, as well as work for U of A full time doing
Linux/Windows admin, etc).

The four follow courses could be applicable.

CIS137
	Introduction to the UNIX Operating System
Principles, tools and history of the UNIX and Linux operating systems.
Includes utilities, file structure, text editors, tools, documentation,
networking. Also includes bash or sh shell use and script programming.

CIS225
	Linux (UNIX) System and Network Administration
Operations and network administration of the Linux (UNIX) system.
Includes background review, basic Linux installation installing software
packages, network file services configuration, Apache web server, and
file transfer protocol (FTP).

CIS226
	Advanced Linux Networking
Advanced concepts in Linux and UNIX networking. Includes NFS, LDAP,
firewalls, security and user administration.

CIS298T2
	Advanced Topics in Linux/Unix Security
Overview for intermediate users of Linux and Linux admisnistrators
focusing on security issues. Includes backgroud review, discovering
network vulnerabilities, vulnerability mitigation, management awareness,
intrusion detection, data gathering, and WiFi.

CIS 137		3 Credit Hours, Tue Thur 08:40am - 09:55am West Campus
		08/24-12/15 TR Taber, Louis 16

CIS 225		4 Credit Hours, Friday, 05:40pm - 09:20pm West Campus
		08/24-12/15 McGregor, Harry

CIS 226		4 Credit Hours, Saturday 12:30pm - 04:10pm West Campus
		08/24-12/15 McGregor, Harry 16

CIS 298T2	4 Credit Hours, Saturday 08:40am - 12:20pm West Campus
		08/24-12/15 McGregor, Harry

			Harry

> Thank you,
> David Klepper