[Tfug] Mount Question

Paul Scott waterhorse at ultrasw.com
Wed Jul 13 09:11:53 MST 2005

Jim Secan wrote:

>At 05:50 PM 7/12/2005 -0700, Adrian wrote:
>

>>As Paul said, add the "noauto" option to your fstab. You could also add a
>>"user" option to the fstab entry as well.... That allows any normal user to
>>mount/unmount that drive without special priviledges... a simple
>>"mount /<mount_path>" to mount it when you need it.
>>

>Well, "noauto" worked but "user" did not.  Had to either become su or use
>sudo to mount the filesystems.  Minor issue, but it really should work.
>I'm on FC3 running the latest kernel.

Did you also do noauto?  This works for me:

/dev/fd0        /floppy         auto    user,noauto
0       0

While we're on the subject can anyone tell me how to change the
following line so that my system  doesn't get drastically dragged down
when "janet" is not on:

janet:/                /janetroot      nfs
intr,timeo=15                   0       0

Thanks,

Paul