[Tfug] Debian struggling with security

Matthew Eskes meskes at azcomputercentral.com
Fri Jul 8 00:46:57 MST 2005

What you have stated I happen to agree with a lot, however, I thought that
the 2.4 line was by far the "rock" of the two lines and is a matter of fact
still the same kernel I use on some of my servers. What really concerns me
is the fact that the devs dont have any prestine source to base their work
from and are making changes to an evolving and not as well tested source. I
personally think that their deving has gotten to the point to where all they
are caring about more is getting the product out rather than working all the
bugs out. I dont know, call me ignorant and hard headed, it wouldnt be the
first time. :) As far as 2.4 not feeling "right" I would like to have more
explaination on that since, I started out on the 2.2 kernel line and thought
that the 2.4 line was very nice and straight forward in configuration and
complation. Anyhoo, I dont know. Just thinking out loud for now, trying to
get and give suggestions and opioins.

Matt