[Tfug] pcmcia wireless card irq failure

Ranjan Grover ranjan.grover at gmail.com
Fri Jul 1 13:17:32 MST 2005

Hello

I have a Atheros WLAN card that is not a part of the linux-kernel but
is  supported by the madwifi drivers. I was able to successfully build
the modules with the kernel source, but on modprobing the relevant
modules, and checking the messages in syslog, I see that the pcmcia
card is failing to get an irq. The exact error message is

PCI: No IRQ known for interrupt Pin A of device 0000:02:00.0. Please
try using pci=biosirq.
ath%d: request_irq failed

The ath refers to the ath0 interface that the drivers bring up.

Thus, an ath0 network interface doesn't show up and I can't get
wireless access with this card.  cardctl shows that the card exists
and is recognized by linux, and lspci identifies it also.

Has anyone else used a wlan card with this chipset and got it to work?

Ranjan
--
Ranjan Grover
College of Optical Sciences