[Tfug] Image custom install onto CD(s)

Benjamin Krein superbenk at superk.org
Fri Jul 1 07:59:40 MST 2005

You should look into Mondo Rescue too (www.mondorescue.org I think).  It
does nearly exactly what you are looking for -- makes CD/DVD/Tape image
of your existing installation so you can restore it via that media
(bootable in the case of the CD/DVD) on a 'bare metal' box that has at
least as much HDD space as the original and a somewhat similar
architecture.  The whole thing is really pretty easy to use and the
restore process is all menu driven making it simple on the other end
too.  I would guess RH/FC are probably supported better than any other
distro by Mondo Rescue too.  Check it out.

Benjamin Krein
www.superk.org