[Tfug] slow home LAN

Jim Smith elemint at linuxmail.org
Tue May 11 09:26:21 MST 2004

Since you mentioned you upgraded your firewall one thing I have seen that causes major issues is have more than one default route,  and having more than one default route causes slowdown issues like you describe.

If you enter "route"

How many defualt routes do you have if you have more than one it will cause problems.

to test what nic will be used to access a particular ip enter "ip route get ip.address" and see what nic it is going to use.

to delete the default route that is no good enter "route delete default ethx" x is interface you do not want a default route for

The default route is the destination of last resort when the nix box does not have a static route or know where to send it it goes to the defualt route.

Not sure if this is your problem but figured I would mention it.

Jim