[Tfug] Re: hex wep key

Jim Smith elemint at linuxmail.org
Tue May 11 09:19:58 MST 2004

> BTW: have you tried connecting with no wep and with 64 bit jut to make sure
> those are working?

I can connect with a 64 bit key and that works find and I entered that on the actiontec config page with spaces between the hex pairs.

> matter at all. For debugging purposes only, you might want to just use all
> zeros or an ascending number sequence so it is easier to avoid typos
> between the AP and the debian box. This way you can easily ensure the AP
> and box are set to the same key.

So for a hex key I could just enter 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 and that should work?

Or basically anything like this would also work?

00 11 22 33 44 55 66 77 88 99 00 11 22

Jim