[Tfug] T1 access

Jon bigj at tfug.org
Mon Dec 15 13:54:59 MST 2003

I've never seen Qwest or any other provider give the EU a CSU unit.
The T1 prolly terminates into an NIU somewhere and then is extended to
closet somewhere where you can plug into it.

You'll still need a device to terminate the T1 line whether it has an
internal CSU or and external CSU. I'd personally go w/ a Cisco product
line like the 1700 series with a CSU WIC card. Contact me off the list at
bigj at tfug.org if you want some vendors I deal with.

All copper communication, whether it's data or voice, is generally carried
by Qwest. TWTC has their own fiber in town but if you ordered just a T1
then it is more than likely Qwest copper.

The exception to this would be if you had something like a DS3 or OC class
service pulled into your building and some of the lines were muxed into
individual lines for data/voice. It's then possible to have the service
handled completely by TWTC.

Hoep this answers your questions.

Jon