[Tfug] Knoppix

Jeremy Rogers JDRogers at optics.arizona.edu
Sun Dec 14 17:37:58 MST 2003

>This doesn't help if you want to use a download manager like wget.
>
>In fact, AFAIK, the "type" field in the Mozilla Save Link Target As
>dialog box only effects the filter being used to view the contents of
>your hard drive -- in other words: you're still initiating the transfer
>with a MIME type of text/plain (and, therefore, there's a very good
>chance the resulting download will be useless).

Ah. I learned something.  :-)
I don't normally use wget but I probably should. I'm 95% sure I saved this using mozilla with "save target as" from the purdue server a few months ago (in your next email you mention the purdue mirror also has mime type text/plain) and it worked fine when I burned the cd from the resulting iso file.  The more I think about it, the more this is suprising.

>The only browser or download manager I know of that will ignore the MIME
>type specified by the server is Internet Explorer.

Not exactly an advantage..

-JDR