[Tfug] Knoppix

Anthony Steckman humbl at elitemail.org
Sun Dec 14 16:05:48 MST 2003

This doesn't help if you want to use a download manager like wget.

In fact, AFAIK, the "type" field in the Mozilla Save Link Target As
dialog box only effects the filter being used to view the contents of
your hard drive -- in other words: you're still initiating the transfer
with a MIME type of text/plain (and, therefore, there's a very good
chance the resulting download will be useless).

The only browser or download manager I know of that will ignore the MIME
type specified by the server is Internet Explorer.