[Tfug] Exchange Mail

Mike Morrell mike at themorrells.org
Fri Dec 12 21:33:55 MST 2003

  When I priced them there was almost no difference between CodeWeaver's
CrossOver Office and Ximian Connector, both where around $50.  I really
liked Evolution (use at home) but the problem was that Optical Sciences
did not run MS webdav service that Ximian needed for interacting with
Exchange.  Without it Connector is worthless.  Of course CrossOver does
need you to have a copy of Outlook but thats not hard to come by.  I
have been really impressed with CrossOver and it lets me run a few MS
apps I still need to use (Microcal's Origin for example).
  Both softwares will give you a trial license.  Give Evolution +
Connector a go first and see if it works.  If not Crossover is really a
good 2nd place.

Mike